Located at 45.365957, -80.020907 at the end of Parry Sound Dr. just before heading North on the 400 or south to Hall’s Quarry Rd. Also accessible from the off ramp of the 400 heading north.
Disclaimer: Climbing is dangerous. I am not responsible if you hurt yourself by using the information in this guide. To the best of my ability I have tried to make this a safe spot to climb, but not all circumstances can be avoided.
The Rockies is a 5-8.5 meter high blasted rock (chip) crag. This is a great warm up spot. The crag is east facing so it gets the morning sun. Head out here, warm up the muscles, then drive down to White Noise (https://ontarioadventurer.ca/white-noise/) to conquer the 5.10s and or one route left to be graded (5.11?). There are manufactured holds at this rock cut. I do NOT condone the manufacturing of artificial holds on naturally occurring cliffs and the tactics used on this road cut are in no way a reflection of appropriate route development ethics. Leave all gear as is!!!
PLEASE CONTACT ME, DANIEL HEFFORD, ON FACEBOOK OR IN THE CONTACT SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR GRADES OR OTHER ROUTE INFORMATION.
- Unnamed 5.3 (Trad) (6.5 meters) There are three cracks here which all climb at a 5.3 level. This is a great beginner trad route if you’re trying to learn how to place pro.
- Unnamed 5.8 (Mixed) 2 bolts. (8 meters) Climb up the obvious crack up to a bolt and then traverse to the anchors.
- Lightning bolt 5.7 (Mixed) 2 bolts, 1 piton. (7.5 meters) The piton feels very solid 05/19. Climb straight up to manufactured holds below the anchor.
- Unnamed 5.8 (Mixed) 1 bolt. (5 meters) Follow the obvious crack left.
- Unnamed 5.8 (Mixed) 1 bolt. (5 meters) Follow the obvious crack right up to the anchors. You can reach the bolt from the ground.
If your looking for other places to climb in Parry Sound click the link below for an interactive map