Disclaimer: Climbing is dangerous. I am not responsible if you hurt yourself by using the information in this guide. Nothing here would be worth jumping on a plane to climb here but a couple hours drive would be worth it. Plus the added benefit of climbing on Georgian Bay.
PLEASE CONTACT ME DANIEL HEFFORD ON FACEBOOK OR IN THE CONTACT SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR GRADES OR OTHER ROUTE INFORMATION.
There are three possible parking spots.
1. Nobel beach is located at 45.408415, -80.109221 4.3 km away. You can park here for free all day without issue. This is not a boat launch but caters to kayaks and canoes.
2. George Hunt Memorial Boat Launch located at 45.390435, -80.074360 4.4 km away but 2 km of it over open water. This is a public boat launch with very strict NO PARKING overnight unless you are a Mcdougall resident.
3. Smelter Wharf Parry Sound located at 45.351124, -80.048082 5.4 km away with 4 km of open water. This is a public boat launch with a very gray area for overnight parking. Signs say it is not allowed however I know many who have. Proceed at your own risk.
Located at 45.37002, -80.11274. Between Huckleberry Island and Wall Island.
These 6 routes were bolted in 1995 during high water. The three bolts near the water are to anchor your boat for belay. These routes are not safe to deep water solo unless you are very confident on when your going to fall. The water is only 5 feet deep for first 7-8 feet away from the cliff.
I would love route information if anyone has climbed these. These 6 routes need to be cleaned as well.
1. Unnamed 5.? (Sport) 2 Bolts
2. Unnamed 5.? (Sport) 2 Bolts
3. Unnamed 5.? (Sport) 2 Bolts New top anchors 07/2020
4. Unnamed 5.10c (Sport) 2 Bolts. New top anchors 07/2020 somewhat cleaned 07/2020 Still needs a good clean
5. Unnamed 5.? (Sport) 2 Bolts. New top anchors 07/2020
6. Unnamed 5.? (Sport) 2 Bolts
If your looking for other places to climb in Parry Sound click the link below for an interactive map
One Reply to “Hole in the Wall”