Located at 45.362243, -80.016844 right off Hall’s Quarry Road. Take exit 229 on the Trans-Canada highway 400
Disclaimer: Climbing is dangerous. I am not responsible if you hurt yourself by using the information in this guide. To the best of my ability I have tried to make this a safe spot to climb, but not all circumstances can be avoided.
White Noise is a 9-12 meter high blasted rock crag. The crag gets the sun around 11am until sunset in the summer. There is a cleared path on the South side of the crag for setting up top ropes. It is about a meter wide you cannot miss it. Feel free to use existing anchors/gear for top rope. Leave all gear as is!!!
PLEASE CONTACT ME DANIEL HEFFORD ON FACEBOOK OR IN THE CONTACT SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR GRADES OR OTHER ROUTE INFORMATION. I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR GRADING VERIFICATION.
RED ROUTES were bolted as sport and BLUE ROUTES were bolted as ice routes. Keep in mind these routes were just bolted with these intentions. This does not mean the ice climbs can’t be lead or top roped.
- Unnamed ??? (Top Rope) (11 meters) The anchors were installed 04/2017. I have never climbed this. To my knowledge the anchors were installed and that is it. I’m not sure if it’s been cleaned. Use caution if climbing this route.
- Taylor Made ★★★ 5.10b/c (Sport) 7 Bolts. (11 meters) The route was last cleaned 07/2018. This climb was bolted to train for a route called Seamstress which is a 5.12a/b/c at McCrae lake. There is a small crimp on the left around the 4th bolt to get your hands onto the roof. From there walk over right to clip the 5th. The Crux is between the 5th and 6th bolt.
- Tripwire ★★★ 5.10b (Sport) 7 Bolts. (11 meters) Bolted 04/2017. The crux is between the 4th and 6th bolt. There is a manufactured hold just below the 5th bolt that can be hard to spot. It is called Tripwire because the rope gets in the way a little.
- Side Show ★★ 5.11b/c??? (Sport) 15 bolts Bolted and cleaned 09/2018. Use first 2 bolts on 5 then follow the overhang. To avoid possible ground falls the first set of bolts are very close to each other. I am very unsure of the grade for this one. I would love feedback!
- Unnamed ★ 5.8+ (Sport) 5 Bolts. (11 meters) Cleaned 08/2018. It also doubles as an ice route in the winter. Crux is around the 2nd bolt.
- Blood Sport (Ice) Cleaned 08/2018. 5.7 ( Summer Top rope) (11.5 meters) It is called Blood Sport because in the winter one of the pillars of ice doesn’t always touch the ground and the bolter of the route cut himself on the falling ice leaving blood along the entire route.
- Unnamed (Ice) 11.5 meters) Cleaned 08/2018. I’ve only climbed this route as a top rope. I’d give it a 5.6
- Unnamed (Ice) (10.5 meters) Cleaned 08/2018. I’ve only climbed this route as a top rope. I’d give it a 5.7
- Unnamed (Ice) (9 meters) Summer it climbs as a 5.7. This route scares me in the summer. I removed some large rocks from the top. More work needs to be done.
- Unnamed ★ 5.8 (Sport) 5 Bolts. (9 meters) Cleaned 08/2018. Pretty cool start. Start from the left into a large side pull then climb straight up under the bolts.
- Unnamed (Ice/Sport) (9 meters) So there are two routes here. I’ve never climbed the ice route but the bolts can be used while leading on ice. The sport route climbs as a 5.10a. 4 Bolts. This route was cleaned 08/2018. The sport route is almost always wet. I have only ever seen it dry late July at the earliest.
If your looking for other places to climb in Parry Sound click the link below for an interactive map