Located at 45.440895, -80.343388 right off Sand Bay Rd. just past Brooks Landing Rd. Take exit 241 on the Trans-Canada highway 400. Follow the 559 until it turns into Dillon Rd. Follow Dillon Rd until Sand Bay Rd. and follow that until you hit The Eavestrough. Park just off the road nearby but PLEASE don’t block traffic.
Disclaimer: Climbing is dangerous. I am not responsible if you hurt yourself by using the information in this guide. To the best of my ability I have tried to make this a safe spot to climb, but not all circumstances can be avoided.
PLEASE CONTACT ME, DANIEL HEFFORD, ON FACEBOOK OR IN THE CONTACT SECTION IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR GRADES OR OTHER ROUTE INFORMATION.
The Eavestrough is an awesome bouldering spot out in Dillon (30 minutes from downtown Parry Sound). Every route was cleaned 2019/04 and the area is ready to climb! If you need to clean any of the routes DO NOT USE a wire brush on small holds, as this makes the climbs harder than they need to be. There are not enough climbs here for a full day, but only 3.5 minutes away there are several boulder problems at Hobbits Ridge. https://ontarioadventurer.ca/hobbits-ridge/ 45 seconds away Brooks Landing https://ontarioadventurer.ca/brooks-landing/ has a few boulder problems. 7 minutes away Venison Valley has almost a dozen boulder problems.
The Eavestrough doesn’t get sun until about noon, except This Old House which gets sun most of the day.
- This Old House: V5 (5.5 meters tall) Start on the horn and climb straight up and top out. There is a bolt above the route to clean the route and work the higher moves.
- “Make it Right”: V3 (9 meters long) This is a tough traverse but if you’re jacked like Mike Holmes you’ll be fine. The route starts on the horn and ends once the horizontal section ends.
- Jack-Of-All-Trades: V3 (4.5 meters tall) Start on the horn, climb straight up and top out.
- Rain or Shine, the Work Never Stops: V1 (4.5 meters tall) Start on the horn, climb straight up and top out.
- Eavestrough Right: V1 (17 meters long, 1.5 meters tall at the highest point) Follow the obvious traverse right.
- Eavestrough Left: V2 (17 meters long, 1.5 meters tall at the highest point) Follow the obvious traverse left.
If your looking for other places to climb in Parry Sound click the link below for an interactive map